Thursday, December 20, 2007

I hate to tell that I'm an England football team fan






What a hopeless football team 'Three Lions are.. I was watching the team I support cruise to another famous defeat in Wembley which would unfortunately prevent English betting companies from providing odds on chances of a major trophy next year at Austria and Switzerland. Well yes, if I were supporting a team with low quality like in the case of Andorra or something then it's fine but here we have a team with Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney(Leave him alone, he was injured), Terry, Owen, Beckham etc. How on earth can I not be frustrated. Mclaren has to answer to the English as well as people like me who spend sleepless night watching these highly talented bunches of players play so poorly. What was the manager's tactics? I could only see all the players in middle and back putting poor long balls to equally poor Peter Crouch. What was wrong with defence and why were these players looking at each others back when 2 goals easily went in the opening 14 minutes. I see the importance of a good manager in the world of football. Team with a good manager will always have a good character like the manager, see Manchester United of Sir Alex Ferguson. At the moment they have no chemistry, no ambition, drive so that means it would definitely end in failure. As of now these highly paid, glamour loving players are better in wagging their tails to the army of WAGs than playing football when it comes to the national team.

No comments: